G-20 is an International forum in which 19 Countries (World’s Largest Economies) and European Nation. It’s a forum for Economical, Financial and Political Cooperation.
- It was founded in 1999, after the Asian financial crises of 1997.
- It is an international forum for the governments and central bank governors from 20 major economies.
- Its first meeting was held in Berlin, Germany
- Earlier it was just a forum of Governors and finance ministers. After the 2008 financial crises, this became a forum of Presidents and Prime Ministers or Country Head.
Member Countries (19 Countries and EU)
- South Korea,
- Saudi Arabia,
- South Africa,
- The United Kingdom and
- United States
- This forum comprises of 2/3 population of the world.
- It’s account for 85% of the Global Gross Products,
- 75% of international trade
- 80% of global investments in research and development.
G-20 Summit 2019
- Held Osaka in Japan on June 28 and 29.
- Global Economy
- Trade and Investment
- Environment and Energy
- Women’s Empowerment
- India will be hosting the summit in 2022.
PSC Expert will provide all the details and All About G-20.